Mr. B. J Daisi, Director, Development Planning
Vision: To be the cynosure of all in economic plans development and policy formulation in the Country.
Mission: To leverage on timely, relevant and reliable economic data and indicators to develop plans that stimulate growth and development in Ondo State.
The Department has three units:
- Plans Development and Policy Coordination Unit,
- Economic Intelligence Unit, and
- Research and Statistics Unit.
The functions of each of the Unit are as follow:
Plans Development and Policy Coordination Unit
- Initiate and coordinate the State Development Plan in line with the policy orientation of the State government for growth and development.
- Coordinate the preparation of the State long term and medium term plans.
- Coordinate the preparation of the State Annual Capital Budget.
- Advise Local Governments on matters relating to development planning.
- Produce Blueprint to Progress Implementation framework.
- Serves as secretariat of the State Development Coordinating Council and State Joint Planning Committee.
- Liaise with the Federal Government Ministries/Agencies on planning for development
- Attract new project intervention for the State.
- Coordinate the State Economic and Development Summit.
Economic Intelligence Unit
- Monitor macroeconomic indicators in Nigeria and relate it to Ondo State.
- Coordinate the production of Economic Watch Bulletin.
- Manage Economic Data Bank.
- Organise from time to time seminar on prevailing economic issues around the world and in Nigeria and their implications for the State.
- Explore new economic opportunities for the State within and outside Nigeria.
- Provide economic intelligence support to the Ministry for Economic Planning purpose.
- Analyse the Socio-economic and Fiscal effect of Policy Pronouncements.
Research and Statistics Unit
- Undertake Research and Development for Policy formulation.
- Research and Publication of Empirical Economic Papers.
- Collecting, collating and analysing data on the natural, human and financial resources of the State in conjunction with the State Bureau of Statistics.
Organogram of Development Planning Department